Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday evening


Just catching a couple of minutes while the water boils for the macaroni.

A fellow stopped by a short while ago and bought several bales of mulch hay (total $30). I had been engaging in a short spurt of Olympic free-style weeding in the vegetable garden when he arrived, and was glad of the break to help load the truck.

Two of the cats brought home dead mice today, and a tire on the baler is losing air, but the big news is that about 30% of the new rasberry plantings, which my husband and I were pretty sure were dead, have shown some growth. Hmmmm, I can dream about rasberries again. It gives us hope for my husband's small planting of horseraddish, which has also been holding its own in the obituary column.

Yikes, I better get back to the kitchen.
Picture from 5/30/2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment