Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday - the cats



A word about the cats. We have four. Possible is an old girl whom I've had forever. She is tiny, and so fierce at fighting wandering cats that I didn't realize she was declawed (in front) for a long time. Then, I was in awe. Perciville (aka Garr) and Baxter are two very old fellows that came to stay after we moved to Rock Island Farm a couple of years ago. They both had always been indoor cats. but have now mostly transitioned to indoor/outdoor cats in good weather. One has become a good and appreciated mouser. The second only started outside recently, and is still at the cricket-pouncing stage. He may hold there, but it is ok, because he rules the other cats, and that is a job in itself. The fourth cat, Capacitor, is the only young one, and she is an indoor cat. She won't be going outside unless we find some extra money for the necessary vaccinations, and I can bring myself to overlook the commensurate rise in local bird mortality rates. In the meantime, she is in charge of fetching whatever my husband happens to throw, at lightning speed, fur-tail flying. Who says you can't teach a cat tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment