Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday (Rain)

It has been raining for two or three years. I was wondering to my husband the other day if this is what Ireland is like - all wet and multi-colored green.
We didn't have all our hay equipment in May, so couldn't have hayed then, but people who did were definitely ahead of the curve. I wonder if there will be a hay shortage this year around here. What we put in the barn is not doing well - may not be able to feed it due to spoilage.

Bright side: if you want to eat lettuce, you and your 100 bunnies should be swimming pretty. The garden lettuce is happy with the cool and wet days.

Three sheep sheared and two to go. I'm starting to think about trying one the proper way, on its backside, instead of on a stand. So far the sheep have been remarkably patient with me using the stand, considering none of them has been on one before. Well, I could say that until the last one, Ophelia. She fought it all the way through. But, she is the daughter of my deceased lead ewe, so I actually appreciate the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment