Tuesday, November 27, 2012

When the onions don't turn out quite right


As mentioned before, a lot of the garden got buried in weeds when I pulled my back this summer.   Some of the onions started to grow, then lost their access to sunlight.

Those onions stayed small, and I didn't bother putting them into the cellar with the big onions. The little ones dried out nicely though. 

I've been gradually working through a large bowl of little onions in the kitchen.     

After sloppy joes yesterday, I'm down to the last few.     I put them in the small, red, plastic colander.   I like the way they seem almost luminescent. 

Things from today.

1.  The cats knocked a big, blue pan full of onion peels on to the kitchen floor sometime during the night.  George found it in the morning.

2.  The sheep started drinking out of the electric water bucket.   It always takes them a couple of days to get used to drinking warm water after the weather turns cold.   I left out a cold-water bucket the last couple of days, in case. 

3. I ordered a twin-sized wool blanket from LLBean.   It was the last day of the 15% sale, and we also used 3 coupons.   This will be an extra blanket for the coldest upstairs bedroom, and it should last.

4.  My sister Cate in California told me that she wants a large, square pot-holder, with a hanging loop, for Christmas.  Cate and I have a tradition of sending each other Christmas boxes, and hints help.   We don't always manage to get the boxes done, and sometimes boxes arrive in January or later, but we still enjoy it.  

5.  Movie and hot buttered popcorn tonight, after showers.

No comments:

Post a Comment