Friday, November 23, 2012

I am reaching back to November 1 for this photo, as I didn't have my camera with me today.

Yesterday, we met friends for Thanksgiving - really nice to see them.

Later, George and I stopped in Freeport at LLBean to pick up some bedding and Christmas snow shoes.  

Today it was beautiful and mild.   I brought in a couple of rutabaga to see if they were still good to cook, and we started putting away the hay equipment.   The ground has been so soggy that we've been putting moving off equipment around.   But, today the ground was better.   It always takes a bit of fiddling by the both of us to get the disc mower safely under the overhang behind the barn, but that is done now.

I didn't get nearly what I expected out of the gardens this year, due to problems with my back and leg, both of which are fine now.   I thought that we hadn't made the amount we needed for agricultural land classification purposes this year, which includes both products sold and value of products used on farm.

But, I added everything up today, and we just made it.    Hooray!    Turns out that since I planted more than in the past, I brought in a decent amount of food for our own use, even with losing quite a lot to weeds and lack of picking.   We also sold more hay than last year, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment