Saturday, October 20, 2012

Unexpected sunshine

A view toward neighboring field to the south

Old haying equipment out back
The forecast for yesterday was 90% chance of rain.   Forecast for today is 100% chance of rain.

Yesterday, it hardly rained at all.   Today, the sky poured until shortly before the homecoming game between the University of Maine and New Hampshire in Orono.   I'm happy for people I know at the game.


I was able to work on cleaning in the garden beds yesterday afternoon.   I almost have all the worst, tall weeds pulled from bed #1.   Finally checked out bed #2, and it is not as bad as bed #1.   So, if we get some more warmer weather, maybe I can get that one cleaned out too.


I went to the craft fair at University of Maine this morning, and took care of quite a bit of Christmas shopping.   One crafts woman told me that it took her 5 years to get into this show, and the waiting list this year was over 90 people.   Prices were reasonable.   The sale goes through tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment