Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday morning rainy day notes


Raining here now.   Good morning for web work and paperwork.

We've had more interest in the hay this year!   Maybe the little "hay for sale" sign down by the road was a help.  I took the sign down yesterday. 

I also pulled more huge weeds in part of the garden, making weed piles along the sides of the beds.  In the past I'd have cleaned this up, but can't this year.  Feels like I've lost at least two years of progress on the beds, due to everything getting overgrown this summer.  

I'm still sprinkling rye seed in small patches of black, between the smaller weeds that won't be pulled.  Maybe I'll try to turn the beds twice next  spring, with a couple of weeks in between, to kill some of the weeds. 

I brought in a few pounds of carrots yesterday, and put them in sand in the root cellar.  I found a few onions that I missed before, and those are now drying in the wooden garage with the rest.   Frost took out the tomato plants, and I raked all the last colorful balls to the sides.  We're still getting broccoli for the table, and the kale will keep going for awhile. 

Yum.....hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment