Monday, April 11, 2016

Wind


Underside of cedar
There was a lot of wind and rain a few nights ago.

Usual stuff mostly:  no power for awhile; I worried about the veggies warming up in the freezer; and family members said things like "Wow" and "Hear that?"

In the morning, I glanced out the kitchen window and noted "several trees down".

If we hadn't had such sodden ground combined with all that wind and rain, the trees would probably still be standing.

A friend commented later that day: "You people got very lucky last night."   Yes, we did.

The trees missed all buildings, vehicles, and farm equipment.  One missed the hay barn by less than a foot.

This one just missed the hay barn.
Yesterday evening George gave me a lesson in using a chain saw.   I've spent years avoiding chain saws, but it was time to get over myself.   If I can run a cutter (for hay), I should be able to use a chain saw.

Wow, they are both scary and cut wood like butter.





These trees are lying in Vegetable Bed #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment