Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 15, 2011

It is one of those very rare days when the snow is so dense from rising temperatures that I can walk on it without sinking.   I can even climb drifts!  The coming world of spring has been my basement for the last couple of weeks, but now the world has opened up and I can go anywhere for a brief period until the snow softens, and makes me sink again.

Copra onions (Fedco seed) growing in the basement under lights.


Some wild seed on the snow, out beyond the pasture.



We can't mend fencing like this until the snow melts some more, and the fence can be pulled up.  Right now, it is frozen down.   Luckily, the sheep don't want to come out this far through the snow.


Winter rye that was planted last summer is starting to appear in a couple of corners of the vegetable beds.


Tracks crossing a fence that needs mending.  Cat?  Coyote?  Coyote tracking a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment